Rugged luxury best describes this property. The property’s location is NOT for the faint-of-heart.
- Only 1.5 miles up Rist Canyon road but 2.5 miles from there. AWD/4WD vehicles required.
- A beautiful beetle-kill log home with spacious rooms, simple but eclectic design, sits on 8 acres at Whale Rock in Rist Canyon. The home was built after the High-Park fire and represents a new beginning for nature (deer, bear, mountain lion, coyotes, fox, rattle snakes, all live with you in the area) and the mountain lover. Most owners have rebuilt or will build again.
- 13 miles to Old Town, Fort Collins, 6 miles to La Porte means you are close to all amenities yet worlds away from city life. Million dollar views of Fort Collins and the Front Range await the new owner.
- This home is still new and not yet finished. It has a strong well with 2-500 gallon cisterns and a completely pressurized water system. A 100 gallon hot water heater ensures endless hot water for showers in your custom master bath. Radiant wall heaters are backed up by 2 wood stoves, one on each floor. A south east facing home with huge windows upstairs provides great light and natural warmth.
- There are 5 decks, one on the first floor and 4 on the second floor (the home is built into the mountainside). Each room has outdoor access to at least one deck.
- The huge gourmet kitchen includes hickory wood cabinets, a Dacor 5 burner gas cook top with hood, side by side refrigerator with filtered water, double convection oven (though one is actually a microwave) and a massive center island with Santa Cecilia quartz. Multiple seating areas and a powder room, pantry and utility room finish off this big yet warm gathering place for family and friends.
- The adjacent living room also includes a wet bar and wine/beer cellar along with a wood stove for added winter heat.
- A rather unique feature is the laundry room logically attached to the walk-in closet of the master bedroom downstairs. Washer/dryer and wash tub are included.
- Work at home? Large upstairs office with great WiFi and cell phone connectivity.
- 2 very large guest bedrooms and 2 unique bathrooms are included. The family room has a wood stove, massive windows on both sides. The entire upstairs has cathedral/vaulted ceilings which further enhances this already spacious home.
- A new fence, 3-rail wood and barbed wire combination, makes this property ideal for horses. 2 fenced pastures enclosing approximately 6 acres. The 3-rail fence also surrounds the house and out buildings.
- There is a 20×20 utility building with garage and barn doors for flexibility. A 10×16 tool shed has enough room for all your tools.
- The north side of the house has a terraced, rock wall area ready for landscaping and your personal touches.
- The projects to be done include: landscaping, finish decking and railing, hot tub (the house is already wired for an out door hot tub), water softener, interior decorative trim, grouting on some tile and a few other added touches to make this house your home. The owners are offering a $35,000.00 rebate upon purchase to offset the cost of the projects to be completed. The current owners will continue working on these projects and the rebate will be reduced as projects get completed. One more added bonus, most of the tools and equipment used to build the house can remain with the new owners for no additional cost. Who doesn’t want FREE tools and equipment and some extra building materials as well!
Features and Amenities
- 1st Floor Master Bedroom
- Additional Land Included
- Cathedral/Vaulted/High Ceiling
- Eat in Kitchen
- Energy Star Appliances
- Fenced Yard
- Granite Countertops
- Hardwood Floors
- Laundry Room
- Master Bath
- Out Building
- Powder Room
- Scenic View
- Walk In Closet
- Wood Burning Stove